Do you have previous classroom experience? Are you interested in working in our child-led community? Scroll down to read more about our current openings.
Work and Play, a coworking space with a state-licensed, on-site Early Childhood Education program located in South Orange, NJ, is seeking an experienced professional to join our team of educators.
Our multiage, Reggio Emilia-inspired program provides children with an engaging environment that is responsive to their interests and developmental stages and supports their continual growth. We are seeking a strong teacher to lead our mixed-aged studio.
Our ideal candidate will have classroom experience, a passion for working with young children, a nurturing demeanor, and a deep commitment to supporting young children and their families. Candidates should support a collaborative working environment and adhere to the belief that children are capable learners who deserve to be treated with respect and integrity.
Hours are 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Set up and guide warm and exciting “invitations to play” inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach
– Provide caregiving such as diapering, feeding, comforting, and supporting children to sleep
– Supervise the classroom and communicate with assistant teachers and director
– Create a warm and welcoming environment for children and families, maintaining open communication with parents
– Ensure that the materials, studio, outdoor classrooms, and bathrooms are safe and clean each day
– Participate in regularly scheduled meetings and ongoing professional development and training
– Past experience as a teacher in a classroom a must
– Past experience with young children as a teacher, caregiver, babysitter, or parent a must
– A degree or credits relating to education, early childhood or child development a plus
– Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
– Patience, flexibility, and a love for working with young children
– Prior experience with a Reggio-based program a plus
– Candidates with a CPR and First Aid certification preferred (must be willing to obtain certification)
– Must meet all applicable state licensing requirements (regulated by the Department of Children and Families) including a background check and fingerprinting (process begins at time of interview)
Please send cover letter (detailing your experience with children) and resume to
sarahm (at) workandplaynj.com. No phone calls please.