Our current staff openings are below.
At Work and Play, we think all our members are innovators. Our early childhood program offers a Reggio-inspired curriculum to inspire little thinkers while encouraging creativity, collaboration and independence. We are a small, mixed-aged program of infants to age 4 in the New York City suburb of South Orange, NJ.
We are looking for a strong educator to continue to grow our curriculum and community. You will drive the philosophy of our early childhood program and develop strong teachers through guidance, observance and development. You will hire staff, manage NJ State licensing requirements and communicate with families. This role can be full-time or part-time, depending on the right candidate.
– Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development required; Master’s degree in ECE strongly preferred
– 5+ years relevant work experience in education or child development required
– Leadership and administrative experience in educational or other professional capacities required
– Background in the Reggio Emilia Approach or similar developmentally appropriate philosophies/curriculums required
– Familiarity with state childcare licensing a plus
– Ability to collaborate as well as independently driven to complete tasks and learn
– Strong management, organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
– Flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and follow through on multiple projects
Additional Teacher Opportunities:
We are always interested in speaking with educators as our program continues to expand.
How to Apply:
For consideration for our Director position and other opportunities, please send resumes with cover letter detailing your background and early childhood philosophies to becky (at) workandplaynj.com.
No phone calls please, and resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.